Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Small delay for a side project....

I've had to halt progress on this application for a few days. My finace's brother needs me to write an app for his living room television that he runs his movie server on. My goal was to mimick Libra, his original movie library app:




I'm probably 3/4 of the way done with my own copy, but it's so time consuming because I'm scripting all the menu buttons, which just takes time. Here's my result thus far:
It has to be able to store his entire 1k+ movies into a shared object on his local drive, as well as launch the applications and do lookups for all the information. I have been able to get all the information from writing custom page scraping code for both Yahoo! movies and Google Images, but it also allows a user to specify their own image from the local drive/external url.

I just want to work on my iso app, but my compensation for the project is too hard to turn down.

No comments:

Post a Comment